Types of industrial stirrers: operation and mixing mechanisms
Industrial stirrers or agitators are tools used to mix or homogenise products inside an open or closed tank by means of the rotary movement of one or more impellers. In addition to the rotor, they include a shaft with a guide system and an electric motor.
The design of the industrial stirrer guarantees the homogenisation of the products thanks to the movement of the fluid and the dispersion of the components. In the same way, they optimise heat transfer processing and help to maintain the suspension, emulsion or dispersion achieved in unstable products. They operate through various mixing mechanisms including diffusion, turbulence creation, convection or shear stress, from the different configurations of these tools.
Used stirrers available from Foeth
The choice for the type of industrial stirrer depends on the particular characteristics of the mixture, the tank capacity, the properties of the products to be mixed and the operating conditions of the system. Based on these requirements, different types of stirrers can be selected:
- Propeller stirrer: ideal for simple mixtures and low to medium viscosity fluids.
- Paddle stirrer: used to ensure a uniform laminar flow in a heavy phase at low speed.
- Anchor stirrer: ideal for viscous products.
- Turbine stirrer: used in all types of operations, with fluids of a wide range of viscosities, including the incorporation of gases. It generates high radial flow, which favours the dispersion of the solute.
- Helical stirrer: used for high viscosity fluids.
Main characteristics of our used agitators
At Foeth you will find both laboratory and industrial agitators, ideal for the most diverse applications in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food, agri-food, chemical, petrochemical and even water treatment industries.
The outstanding features of these used stirrers are:
- They usually include an electric motor.
- Most of them are mounted on a frame, facilitating their mobility.
- The type of rotor can be interchangeable between various models.
- They may include a frequency variator.
- Some allow for variable height.
- They can be vertically or horizontally oriented.
If you need additional information about our used industrial stirrers or do not know which type is most appropriate for your processing, please call or message us via the Foeth contact form.
Buy your used industrial stirrer at the best price from Foeth!