Company history of A. Foeth BV
Company A. Foeth B.V. was founded by Arie Foeth in Zaandam located just North West of Amsterdam. Mr. Foeth quickly became a successful entrepreneur in trading of variety of products including metal scrap.
In 1929 Arie’s son Jan Frederik Foeth becomes Managing Director. Jan Frederik and his wife Uut Groen get three sons: Jan (1937), Aart (1940) and Wouter (1948). The company benefits from industrial growth in the Amsterdam area and expands its services portfolio to also offering demolition and dismantling services to customers, next to machine and scrap trading business.
The company grows fast and opens a new premise on a 35,000 m2 plot of land in Barneveld, 60 kilometers South East of Amsterdam. The product range in used machine trading is getting wider. All three brothers join the family business.
Jan Foeth becomes Managing Director in 1976. The company’s growth accelerates further while concentrating on the trading of process machinery within the chemical, food and pharmaceutical industries. In 1996 together Aljo Sprik and Geert Oonk take over the business from the Foeth brothers.
By 2008 the company A. Foeth B.V. celebrated its 100th year anniversary. By then the company had developed into one of the largest used process machinery dealers in the world with its own extensive test facilities and a large workshop. Foeth’s premium quality used and refurbished process machinery is exported worldwide.